September 30, 2009

Stuff & GROTB

So I just now remembered that I hadn't done a post on the blob. Well guess what?!?! I made it back to my pre-pregnancy weight. Can I get a what, what!! While it's great to be back at the same weight, things are just not the same as it was before. The blob is still present. And I have a feeling it's going to take a bit to get the blob back into the stomach it used to be. Pretty sure if I actually worked out, I'd get rid of it soon. Speaking of working out, I've done much better this week. Lyla and I have walked a lot, I've ate well, and today I'm going to do some pilates. My next goal is to be 130 by Nov. 7, my brother's wedding. 5 weeks at 2 lbs per week = gotta get my booty moving.

Well if you've hung around me lately you've most likely heard me complain about Lyla NOT sleeping. On Monday she was awake from 7:45 until 10:30 with only 3 naps lasting 15-30 minutes. Then she wouldn't sleep well at night either. And was still eating constantly. Well yesterday she took a great nap from noon til 5 (which is when I was in town at appts and such so that was a good thing). She then took another nap around 7ish for about 1/2 hour but then didn't fall asleep until after midnight. She was super tired but wouldn't crash so finally I just laid her in the cradle next to our bed, gave her the pacifier and walked away. Believe it or not, she didn't make a peep. She just laid there for a bit and finally went to sleep and stayed there until 4 a.m. It was great. She hasn't slept 4 hours at night for a while so I enjoyed that. I even thanked her whenever she woke up to eat! :)

But we have started a bad habit.
Something I was against doing from the beginning.
I've started letting her sleep with me after she wakes up to nurse the first time. I know, I know. Some of you people probably don't think that's the best thing to do and some may have strong feelings one way or another. The thing about it is, I'm her mother. I can decide what's good or not good for her, what works, what doesn't. Anyways, she is horrible at going back to sleep after she wakes up. As in, wakes up and thinks it is time to stay awake. Normally whenever I lay her down after she's fallen asleep at my boob she wakes right back up. So by leaving her in bed, we are both sleeping and that's important. Especially when it comes time for me to go back at work. I know there are pro's and con's of her sleeping with me, but for now it's a solution I'm gonna keep doing until we move her to her crib. Which I'm sure will be a process because she's used to sleeping with us. I guess we'll just see. Ya never know. I also wasn't going to use a pacifier but that kinda went to hell too. She doesn't use it very much, and that was the first time she's fallen asleep using it. Most of the time she doesn't want it, which is fine by me.

Oh, and like I mentioned before, I had my 6 week appt with my OB and he said that everything is good down below and back to working order. Yup. His words. Definitely sounds like something I would say.

Well I'm off to clean for a bit before the princess awakes and then who knows what I'll do!!
I was trying to get her to smile and this is pretty much what I got for the rest of day.

Don't cha love the outfit? I got the whole stinkn' outfit including the shoes for $11. Oh, I love sales. (It's from The Children's Place in case you are wondering.)


Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Just an FYI: Children's Place ALWAYS has sales and coupons so don't EVER buy anything there full price. Right now they are having their 99 cent sale so stock up for next summer! Fall stuff was also 40% off just last week. Trust me- my kids live in CP clothing!

    ReplyDelete

My Fans