September 21, 2009

Growth Spurt

I think my lil' oinker is going through her first growth spurt. I think it's harder on momma than it is her. She hasn't been sleeping much from about noon until 11 p.m. She takes little cat naps but nothing longer than 30 minutes normally. Today she did nap twice, once for 30 minutes and then for an hour. But on the good side, last night she slept 6 1/2 hours then another 3 1/2! I'm still having trouble sleeping those 6 1/2 hours as I keep checking on her. I also finally started sleeping upstairs in our bed. It's been about 5 months since I've slept up there. Crazy, I know.

Lyla has also been nursing a ton. I'm talking just about every hour. This growth spurt started Thursday and I'm hoping it doesn't last to much longer. It's wearing me out. I haven't been able to do much because she's attached to my boob all afternoon. I also think I have a clogged milk duct that isn't going away or mastitis because this chick is in some serious pain. Hopefully a call to the lactation consultant will fix it.

In other Lyla news, she's starting to coo and make a lot more noises. She's also found her tongue and loves to play with it. She is 5 weeks today. So that means 3 more weeks off before this momma is back to work. And I'm dreading it. Really dreading. Really, really, really dreading. Get my drift?
blog comments powered by Disqus