September 17, 2009

Don't call me Betty Crocker.

I despise baking. Not sure why, but I don't like it. But I decided to play a 50's housewife today and make some homemade-from scratch-chocolate chip cookies. Yes folks. We are talking the real deal. Not the slice and bake from Wal-mart. Though it would have been so much easier!

Anyways, I love the website Freeze Happy. Go there, I'm sure you'll find a recipe to make and freeze. I love freezing food and having it stocked away for whenever I want it. We froze a bunch of meals before Lyla came and we are just about out of those. So I need to get on my horse and do more cooking. I like cooking. Not baking.

Anyways these homemade-made from scratch cookies (this is a big deal for me people) were pretty easy to make. In fact so easy, I'll probably do it again. Hopefully this time though I won't get flour everywhere including my daughter who I was slinging. I have flour in my hair, on my pants, on Lyla and on the floor.

I'll let you know how they turn out. If they are good, then maybe you can call me Betty Crocker.

ETA: Ok, so you can call me Betty Crocker because they are delic!!! You should totally try em'!

Damn, I'm good!

Look for another post later today. Betcha can't guess who is 1 month old today!!
blog comments powered by Disqus