September 16, 2009

Life can suck, part 2.

Yesterday was hard. Harder than I imagined it to be. For some reason it just doesn't seem real still. I mean I physically saw him in the casket. I was physically at the service and I physically saw his casket at the grave site. I'm not sure why, but it doesn't seem real. Every time I think about him I don't believe it. But then reality hits. It'll really hit the next time we have a get together or at the lake when he should be teasing me with frogs and fish. It sucks. It's just not fair.

He did have a wonderful service. Lots of his friends were in attendance. But still, no one should have to bury a friend or someone younger than you. Ever. It's too hard and not fair.

I can't even fathom what is parents are going through. It hits me differently now that I'm a parent. I can't and don't want to imagine losing Lyla. Ugh...

Ok enough of this depressing talk. My next post will be better. You may even laugh at me.
blog comments powered by Disqus