March 1, 2011

Big girl room

It will soon be time. My little girl is growing up, tear. She will be moving up to a toddler bed here shortly and with that comes new bedding.

I know I want to do something different than the pinkish brown thing we have going on now.

Pink, red, and turquoise. Yes, all together. I know some people don't think pink and red should go together, but I love it. And I heart turquoise more than most people I know, and so of course I want to incorporate that as well. I also want something for her that isn't matchy matchy. Speaking of, have you visited this website? She's amazing and I love her style. So I'm going slightly with her love for mixing fabrics up and doing a few of her DIY projects.

Here is the bed I want so far. I love that it doesn't have a foot board! Now, if I happen to find out I'm having a boy, we will just be converting her crib now into a toddler bed. (Only 2 or 3 weeks!! Eeek!)

As for bedding, I've looked at quite a few places and so far, pottery barn kids understands what I want or, uhem, need. Normally I love target, but haven't found anything that didn't seem cheesy or overdone. So these are my favs as of right now. (Click the links)

Option 1: My favorite so far.

Option 2: I really love the sham on this one, but not crazy about the white.

Option 3: Loving the red and pink together. But not loving all the white.

I also want to throw in a few owls and birds because I love those for little girls. But just a little, I don't want it to scream forest or anything.

Oh, and if I have another little girl, this is the winning bedding right now.

So many decisions.... but I love it! Love, love planning!
blog comments powered by Disqus