April 11, 2009

Big decisions...

Having a baby is a big decision for some people. For me, it was quite easy. Sean and I waited about a year before we started trying. If it was left up to be, I would have been knocked up on my honeymoon. Things happen for a reason. I'm actually glad we (or actually Sean) decided to wait a while. We got to do SO many things our first year married. We bought our KU season tickets, bought our boat and went the lake numerous times, took a trip out to South Carolina, etc. If I would have been sick like I was with this pregnancy, half of those things wouldn't have happened. I'm thankful for the amount of sickness I had because it could have been 20 times worse. But for me, it knocked me out! I'm thankful for Sean for being such a great husband and being able to pick up our life when all I wanted to do was put ice on my head and hide under a blanket and sleep, sleep, sleep. Not everyone has the opportunity to do that. I have a "friend" in the blog-mosphere that is so entirely sick she hasn't kept anything done in days and has been hospitalized twice. I physically couldn't have done that. Nope. No way. Would I have done it? Of course, no doubt about it. But it would have also been our only child!!! The thing with my sickness was how long it lasted. Pretty much from when I found out til about 17ish weeks. I'm so grateful I'm finally back to myself.

Anyways, like I said the big decision for me to have a child wasn't just that, but instead, finding a diaper bag. Lame, I know. But for the life of me, I can't find one that I *love*. We registered for this one. I like it, but I don't love it. It kinda screams diaper bag and I don't like that. I'm looking for more of a purse/diaper bag. I want it to be chic, stylish, and sophisticated. Yes, my diaper bag must be sophisticated. Oh, and big. I like big bags. If Sean could choose it would have Jayhawks all over it. Everything else I love like Kate Spade and Coach cost mega dollars. But they cover all of my criteria.


Now I *love* this one. But not the price tag that comes with it. Um, say like $400.

I just can't decide. Wal-mart and Target just don't have many, if any options I like. Target does carry the JJ Cole line so we did register for the one. But if you know me, I can't have just one. I'm a purse fanatic. And most of the time, I'm an expensive purse fanatic. When Sean is in South Carolina in June I'm hoping he'll stop at the Coach outlet and pick me up a little present. But if you know my husband, that'll be a big no. I'm not sure I can even see him going into a coach store and looking around.

So if anyone wants to buy me one, go for it. I'd probably love you forever and would get down on my knees in gratitude! If you're not a purse girl, then your probably thinking I'm completely retarded for worrying about this. But if you *love* purses like I do, then I'm sure you understand my dilemma.


Oh, and for the record Sean wanted me to point out something. That pink sign I posted like 3 posts ago was a find Sean found and picked out. He wanted some credit here on the blog. Thank you Sean.

He also surprised me the other day and got a little outfit for Miss Baby Jay. He wanted credit for that as well! :) And notice very, very little pink! :)
So if you have any ideas for diaper bags please send them my way. Just remember the criteria. Thanks and have a great day. It's been a pleasure.
blog comments powered by Disqus