April 8, 2009

America's next top model...

is not going to be Miss Reese.


I got my new KU bow in the mail and of course, needed to try it out on her, like everything else I get. She was way uncooperative, but super cute! :) Not a great picture, but you get the idea. It was definitely not worth the 12 dollars. I can easily make this, but can't find the jayhawk emblem thing anywhere. This baby is going to have a ton of KU bows.

Here's a few more things for Miss Baby Jay.

I'm in love with these socks. I first saw them on Jessica Alba's baby and knew I *had* to have them if I had a girl. So after our little surprise, I went and bought them in our gift shop in the hospital. I was so stoked when I found out they were there! I think I have every girl pair available. Besides these 3, I have 2 more. One looks like a ballerina shoe and the other is in a green just like these 2.

More material I got. This is flannel for the the bibs, burp rags, cloth wipes, and whatever else. I *heart* the apples! So cute!

More diapers!!! I got 3 blueberry covers and the red Happy Heiny (or something like that) pocket diaper. Plus some snappi's. I love the chocolate and pink dots! And the cow print... stinkn' adorable! I bet my baby's butt is going to be cuter than yours. ;)


Here's a little bad news...
Gauge, Sean's dog, tore his ACL or MCL 2 days ago. He got out and decided to go on a little run around Victoria. He came back and the next day we noticed he wasn't putting any pressure on his back leg. So Sean took him to the vet and he blew out his knee.

Here's the options.

A $2500 surgery, a $1000 surgery OR making him rest and letting it heal on it's own. He'll probably get arthritis soon and will walk with a limp but that's the path we are going to take.

Oh, and he's obese. Really obese in the dog world. So she said that makes the injury worse and he isn't a good candidate for the surgery unless he loses like 20 lbs really quick. The vet didn't recommend the surgery since he's an outdoor dog and not a dog we can keep laid up for a long time. He loves to run and we wouldn't be able to hold him back. So he's confined to his pen for the next 12 weeks and then slowly after that he can start to get out here and there. She's said it would take about 6 months to heal, maybe more b/c of his obesity! Sean's pretty bummed, which is understandable. I'd be too.
blog comments powered by Disqus