August 31, 2009

2 weeks old!




Time is flying. For the past 10 months I wanted time to fly and at times it did. But the last 4 weeks of the pregnancy went so incredibly slow. Actually make that 5 weeks since I went a week over. But now that Lyla is here, I want time to slow down a little. It's hard to believe that she was born 2 weeks ago.

We had her 2 week well baby check. And guess what... we have an oinker on our hands. Miss Lyla managed to gain 7 1/2 ounces in 5 days! She now weighs 7 lbs 7.5 oz. This puts her in the 25th percentile for her age. Her head circumference was in the 80th percentile and her height was 20 1/2 inches putting her in the 50th percentile. I'm assuming someone either measured wrong today or measured her wrong at birth, because I'm pretty sure she didn't shrink.

Some stats for her 2 week.

- Had her first road trip and did great!
- Slept for two 4-hour stretches 2 nights in a row.
- Attended her second wedding.
- Went to both the grandparents houses for the first time.
- Her umbilical cord fell off on 08.27.09.
- Had her first bottle of breast milk.
- Is nursing much, much better.
- Has no routine what-so-ever.
- Poops like a champ and burps like her dad.
- Now has a lacrimal duct obstruction to her right eye. (Clogged tear duct)

We've had soo much fun with her so far. This past weekend when we were in Great Bend Sean had his first of many up for 2 hours crying session with Lyla. I think he hit a frustration point and passed her off to me! He did well, but I think it stressed him out a bit. But because I'm just awesome like that, I got her to sleep in 5.2. :)

Well, I'll post tomorrow about Mission: Get rid of the blob, which I'm going to refer to as GROTB. I forgot to weigh myself this morning so I'll do that tomorrow. And my Shred DVD came in the mail so I'm going to start that tomorrow, too.

Well I hear a crying baby, so I'm off! Happy Monday!
blog comments powered by Disqus