August 20, 2009

She's here!!!

Ready for it?!?!?!

Miss Lyla Ainsley (pronounced like Ans-ley) made her debut Monday August 17, 2009 at 7:06 p.m. She weighed 7 lbs 6 oz and was 21 inches long. We are madly in love with her!!!! Labor sucked but I managed. And yes, with an epidural that didn't work the best, but it helped. Labor lasted 11 hours and I pushed for an hour and 15 minutes. She came out just perfectly and had apgars of 8 at 1 minute and 10 at 5 minutes. She did really well the first 2 days but unfortunately now has jaundice and we are back into the hospital. I'll explain more later as I'm exhausted and ready for a nap!

Oh, and nursing isn't going the best but we are trucking along. It's actually been nice to be back in the hospital as I'm getting some more help with the whole nursing thing. Miss Lyla has no patience (hmm, who does she get that from??) and doesn't want to latch or stay latched on. Plus she doesn't have much energy and is pretty lethargic due to being jaundiced. Hopefully once my milk comes in we'll have more success.


Here's a few pictures of our princess. Plenty, plenty more to come!




Under the bili lights


Right before leaving for her first doctor appointment

Getting ready to go home in her KU outfit!





At her doctor's appt. I love her bow!




Daddy and Lyla rocking out the KU outfits!





Family KU picture





Momma and Lyla






1 comment:

  1. You can do it! Keep it up- your body and your baby were designed to do this. The beginning is always the hardest and I really hope the jaundice and push for bottle feeding is at a minimum. Keep trying and don't give up!!! If you need any help, feel free to email me.

    She's adorable by the way. I want a girl!

    ReplyDelete

My Fans