August 25, 2011

First milestone

Cohen had his first milestone last night. He slept in his crib for the first time! Exciting, I know! The best part - he slept for 5 1/2 hours straight! Thank you Cohen, you are well on your way to being momma's favorite. Except I don't play favorites. But if I did, you would SO be in the lead! ;) Keep it up!

This morning my friend Shannon and her daughter, Kynli came over to visit AND she brought daylight donuts. Yum! Miss Kynli was pretty excited about holding Cohen and had a big smile on her face the whole time!



This afternoon, Miss Lyla posed with Cohen so of course, a picture was snapped. This is probably the best picture I have to date. Love them both SO much! As much as I don't want either of them to grow up or to wish time away, I can't wait to see these 2 interact together. Will they be super close or despise each other?!? :)


I also did part of Cohen's newborn pictures today. I got everything set up and of course the boy woke up. A boob or two later and he was back to a deep sleep and I was able to get a ton of great pics! I took almost 600 if that tells you anything! Once Sean got home, Miss Lyla got a little one on one attention! She saw her cupcake kit in the closet and that is what she wanted to play with daddy! I love how Sean fits at the table! :) She loves her daddy and she is definitely wrapped around his finger!

A friend from my Mom's Club brought us dinner tonight and YUM... it was delicious. Bbq meatballs, cheesy potatoes, green beans, jello, and brownies. And there was so much that we'll have leftovers for at least 2 days! :) Thank you!!!

And tonight I enjoyed a beautiful night snuggling my 2 babies!



And this sweet boy is 1 week old... tear. I can't believe how fast this past week has gone!

- You are the easiest baby so far. You are chill about everything and rarely cry.
-You are a great napper/sleeper - thank you baby!
-You are also a great nurser!
-You are still a bit yellow, but I can tell that it is going away now.
-Your big sister ADORES you and you are great at putting up with her... for now!
-You had your first photo shoot! Get used to it because there will be plenty in your future!

Oh, and how am I doing 1 week post-partum? I'm doing great, thanks for asking! I'm honestly feeling pretty good. I haven't taken any pain meds today and doing pretty good without them. I've also lost 18 lbs so far with only what seems like a million to go. Or 38, same difference! :)
blog comments powered by Disqus