August 8, 2011

40 weeks

Happy Due Date, Baby!


How Far Along: 40 Weeks
Size of baby: Baby Jay is about the size of a small pumpkin, about 7 1/2 -8 lbs and 20-21 inches long. He'll gain about a 1/2 ounce to an ounce a day.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: 50 lbs

Maternity Clothes: Mostly pants.

Gender:Sweet boy.

Movement:Yes, but it's slowing down.

Sleep:I actually sleep really well.

What I miss:Margarita's, my skinny jeans, working out, getting off the couch easily.

Cravings: Fruit, flavored ice. sweets

Symptoms:Pubic bone pain, contractions here and there.

Best Moment this week: Making it full term.

At my appt today, Baby Jay's heartbeat was 140 and I'm measuring at 40 weeks. Unfortunately, I didn't have any change in my cervix. Still a 3-4 and 80% effaced. I was really hoping to be a good 4, but that's ok. I had to do a non-stress test, which he finally passed. It took a while as he was a sleepy thing. If I don't have him this week, I go back next Monday. I think my doc thought I'd be having him this week. Sean thinks that as well. I really don't know what I think as I thought I would have had him last week. He'll come when he's good and ready! :) My babies must love my uterus! :)

Overall, the worst thing about the pregnancy has been the heat. Today it was only 73 degrees this morning when I was in town and it didn't wear my out at all. When it's 103 degrees and I'm out and about, I get worn out quick! So, as long as I stay relatively cool, I'll be good as well wait and see when this baby decides it should be his birthday.
blog comments powered by Disqus