November 17, 2008

It's Stalk This Blog Monday!

Today's Stalk A Blog is PatchyApple. It's an awesome site for different crafts things. Whenever we have kids, I'm going to sew my own car seat cover and make a homemade teether ring! I'd much rather have homemade than premade any day! Especially when it's being *frugal* (still haven't come up with a good word yet!) and *green*. And it's much safer for kiddos!

Have I mentioned I love bloggin? I like being able to sit down and write stuff that *MAYBE* someone would find helpful or heck, even make some one's day - (ok, probably not but maybe someday).

Here's what is new in the Rodger household. Saturday was spent putting up our new child - the 8 ft jayhawk in order for the game. I then spent the day cleaning, working on photography, and organizing. My wonderful husband also put up my new sconces, a decorative sign, and cleaned the tub! He's pretty amazing...(but don't tell him I said that!)

On Sunday we were going to try to go to church but didn't end up making it. We went to Wal-mart then started cooking for our family get together that evening. I then had an awesome shoot with the "New girl" at work and got some fantabulous pictures! After that session The Rodger clan got together and we got some pictures taken, then everyone came over for some awesome food my awesome husband cooked! I should add, I made some *amazing* potatoes!
And to sum up the day, Sean and I watched What Happens in Vegas. It's was good but had some slow parts! So slow, Sean fell asleep for a bit! Oh, and we also had to put up our child again since KU have a basketball game to play - of, course!

All in all, it was a good weekend! I have more I want to write about but not enough time. My awesome friend Becca recently wrote about how *blessed* she was and everything she was *thankful* for and I want to do a blog about that... good topic, Becca. Very fitting for this up-coming Holiday!!!

6 comments:

  1. The shoot was awesome because OF the *new girl*!! Ha Ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I was feeling inspired! I have to think about what I'm thankful for today so I can write something... I LOVE getting to read your blog. :) Maybe I should blog about your blog...ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe Sean actually put that thing back up...but I guess if he spent the money for it he should...but wow, an 8 ft Jayhawk...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup, I'm blessed... to have this 8 ft Jayhawk. (Lots of sarcasm here!) And I'm glad you love reading my blog!!! That makes me feel good... not sure if I believe you, however! :0

    ReplyDelete
  5. What kind of potatoes did you make? Our favorite are the shredded ones with sour cream, cheese, cream of chicken, onions, etc and then on top is cheese butter and cornflakes. Yum! Very fattening though! I borrowed "What happens in Vegas" this weekend from my sister and want to watch that tonight or tomorrow night hopefully. I also got "The Pursuit of Happiness", have you seen that?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Aubrey,

    I made the same ones just slightly different. We don't usecream of chicken, but add Mayo. Also we put those fried onions on top instead of cornflakes! They are REALLY good!!

    ReplyDelete

My Fans