June 22, 2009

33 and 7

I'm 33 weeks today with hopefully only 7 (or less) weeks to go! Times a flying, that's for sure!
I'm a honeydew!

Baby’s senses are continuing to improve -- when light peeks in through your (extremely) stretched belly, those tiny eyelids and irises blink and dilate. And, baby can now recognize and react to simple songs… time to start practicing your lullabies! Growth (at least inside your womb) is starting to slow, and you may notice baby descend into your pelvis at the end of this month.

Sean and I were talking the other day and it's just so hard to believe how incredibly fast this pregnancy has gone! At some points it may not have felt like it, but overall it has flown! I remember being 7 weeks and having 33 weeks left to go and that felt like forever!

I'm doing pretty good overall. A little complaining here and there, but nothing I or Sean can't handle! :) I've started sleeping on the couch after the first time I get up to pee and I sleep SO much better! If Sean and I actually went to bed at the same time, I'd sleep on the couch from the get go, but Mr. late night doesn't go to bed til between 11 and 12. And most of the time I've been asleep for 2 hours already!

Baby has been moving a lot lately and it's hilarious to see my belly move sometimes! She's really going at it with whatever she is doing in there! I can notice hiccups about twice a day. It's also becoming a lot harder to get up and down. Touching my toes is now impossible (unless I cheat a little) and simple things like tying shoes, putting on pants, etc are becoming a chore. I've even decided to break down and purchase a pair of faux crocs. I'm NOT a fan of crocs. I think they are ugly. But when you have swollen feet and have trouble tying shoes, they may just come in handy. Sean hates em' too, and said that the crocs can not touch any of his shoes, ha ha! He's weird like that. He always has to point out how ugly they are whenever he sees them. Oh, and he forbids that our daughter wear them as well!

Well my appointment is tomorrow. I'm hoping for minimal weight gain. I'd say 2 pounds again would be good. Except I've ate a lot of ice cream lately, so I'm hoping that doesn't affect it! :) Oh well, it'll be worth it in a few weeks!!! Ahh, I can't wait!
blog comments powered by Disqus