March 28, 2009

It's a...

GIRL!
Holy moly were Sean and I surprised. At the 16 week ultrasound we thought it was most likely a boy. We weren't totally for sure and knew it was early but for 4 weeks we totally believed we were having a boy. Much to our surprise, God played a little trick on us and well, shocked the hell out of us! :) It took a while for the shock factor to wear off for us to be really really excited, like I am now. The sono tech was a friend of Sean's and we told her we had the sono at 16 weeks but we didn't tell her that we thought it was a boy. So she had her guess but wasn't for sure so she had another girl come in and check. After trying to get lil Miss stubborn to move a bit they got "the" shot and both said girl. You should have seen our faces. I couldn't stop giggling and was in complete shock. Guess there will be 3 princess's in the house now. Sean is just going to LOVE it! :)
It's been fun telling our family and friends who also all "thought" we were having a boy. After the Sono I went up to work and told everyone and there was a bunch of screaming and giggles (mostly on my part, of course). Then we called the moms and I think they were both pretty shocked. I think my dad was a little disappointed because he goes, "Oh, no it's a girl."I then stopped by my SIL's and told her I had a surprise and showed her the sono pic and she was pretty shocked as well. My niece Abi was happy since she said I HAD to have a girl.

By evening the shock factor had started to wear away and so I started shopping! :) I got some crocheted headbands and alligator clips to start making some flower headbands and different bows and such! Ahhh, I'm so excited to play dress up! :) I already told Sean that the one rule is if she is out in public she HAS to have a headband, bow or something in her hair!

That afternoon I had 2 other appts and finally got my tooth finished and the crown placed and then we had the OB appt. I gained 4 lbs but have only gained 5 lbs total, which is awesome! He told us the baby weighs about 10 oz and is about 10-11 inches long with a heartbeat of 136. He did tell me I have a low-lying placenta and will need another sono by my 28th week. Hopefully it moves because from my research I wouldn't be able to have a natural birth, which I really, really wanted. But whatever is safest and best for the MISS Baby Jay! He also put me on pelvic rest, so in the words of Sean, no chicka-chicka-bow-wow for us. No idea if I spelled that right, but you should get the idea.

Other than that, everything is good! :) Here's my weekly bump :) Haven't really noticed a change. Next week I'll put them side by side and see if I can tell a difference!

Oh, and in case you needed to know. My birthday is in 6 days :) Woohoo!

blog comments powered by Disqus