May 19, 2011

Mr. Max Update

Last night Sean and I left the hospital to come home and it was the absolute hardest thing I've done in a very long time. I DID NOT want to leave him. There are to many what-ifs and I just love that little boy so much I don't want to be away from him. Especially when he needs his favorite aunt, right? :) But really, it was the hardest thing to do. We will be going back either tonight or tomorrow morning. I already can't wait to see him! My parents headed home last night but are headed back again this morning. Kelci's mom and aunt are there and also a close friend of hers. Kevin, Kelci and Max are definitely surrounded with love and support. And I must say the messages, phone calls, comments, texts, and prayers from everyone is amazing! Thank you!

Here's a recent update:

Last night the neurologist visited with them and from what I understand, told them that there was no change in the past 24 hours. Unfortunately, that wasn't what everyone was hoping to hear. But he did mention they would be doing 3 tests today. I got a text from Kelci a bit ago and then a call from Kevin and Max has started his morning with an EEG, which is a test to measure brain activity. After that he'll be having a spinal tap to check for spinal meningitis and then he'll be having a MRI. The hope is by evening we will have some answers. Kevin also mentioned that Max had a good night but that there wasn't any change.

So today is a VERY big day for sweet Max, along with all the family. So big prayers need sent up for him. I pray for great results, restoration of his lungs so he'll start to assist with breathing more, and for healing of his beautiful body. I also pray for the doctors in his care and the medical staff performing all the test today. And I pray for Kevin and Kelci. You both are being so strong and I'm so proud of you. You both are amazing people and I love you guys!

Also, if you'd like to know a little more about Max, you can visit Kelci's blog here and see just how cute he is in a few pictures!

Thank you everyone for your prayers! I'll update again once I here more! God is AMAZING!

UPDATE: 11:00
I heard from Kevin and Max has completed the EEG and the MRI and is now waiting on the spinal tap.
blog comments powered by Disqus