July 14, 2009

Rock out with your bump out!

And that I did. I totally rocked the bikini this weekend! And I looked hot! :) Ok, so maybe not as Heidi Klum in a bikini when she's pregnant but I still looked hot! We headed out to the lake Sunday afternoon with my parents and had an awesome time! Oh I heart the lake. I could go there every.single.weekend. No lie. Sean got to wake board, ski and knee board. My dad even got up and skied for about 5.2 seconds, if even that. He broke his back skiing many, many years ago and so mom was freaking out about him getting up. So we told him we'd let him get up but then he was going back down. Once he got up we could hear him yelling, "keep going", but we let him back down. The last thing we need is Pops in the hospital while I'm having his granddaughter!
Sean wake boarding
Miss Reese - She was NOT a fan of the lake.Me rocking out in my bikini. Mom and I relaxing!Dad right before he skied!



And I have reached 36 weeks! 4 weeks to go! I never thought I'd reach this point but it feels so good to be here even if it means I have feet the size of watermelons, my back aches and I'm exhausted 99.8% of the time. But I'm almost done, so that gives me hope! She sure can't stay in there forever, thankfully! My appointment on Monday went just fine. Gained 1 lb putting me at 31 lbs and her heartbeat was 130. Oh, and I'm negative for the Group B strep so I won't need any antibiotics whenever I deliver! She's still head down and at my next appointment I'll have an internal to see if I'm dilated at all. Cross your fingers I am!!

Here's the stats for 36 weeks!
Your baby is gaining about an ounce a day. She now weighs almost 6 pounds (like a crenshaw melon) and is more than 18 1/2 inches long. She's shedding most of the downy hair that covered her body, as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that protected her skin during her nine-month amniotic bath. Next week, your baby will be considered full-term. Most likely she's in a head-down position, but if she isn't, your practitioner may suggest scheduling an external cephalic version, where she'll try to turn your baby by manipulating her from the outside of your belly.
blog comments powered by Disqus