July 19, 2009

37 weeks! Whoop whoop!

Dear Baby Jay,

You've made it to 37 weeks and mommy and daddy are VERY ready to meet you, so therefore you have been given your eviction notice. You have 3 weeks to exit and make your debut! Please try really hard to do it sooner rather than later. Mommy is getting very swollen, uncomfortable and extremely tired. Your nursery is just about complete and just waiting for you to arrive! Can't wait to meet you, baby girl!

Love, Mommy & Daddy

This weeks stats include:
Your full-term (yay!) baby is gaining about 1/2 ounce a day and getting her first sticky poop (called meconium) ready. She's also brushing up on skills for the outside world: blinking, sucking, inhaling, exhaling, and gripping (it's getting strong!).

How far along?: 37 weeks
Total weight gain: 33
lbs - and I officially weigh more than my hubby. Great.
How big is baby?: around 6 lbs
Maternity clothes?: Kinda. I outgrew my favorite maternity capri's so I'm living in just soffe shorts and sport bras and dresses.
Stretch marks?: Oh yes, just underneath my belly and a few on the hips. Not to bad, but I have a feeling the bikini days are over for this chica.
Sleep?: On the couch, I sleep so much better there then in bed. Sean doesn't mind having the bed to himself either!
Best moment this week?:
Movement?: She has the hiccups all the time and lots of stretching and rolling, not a lot of kicks.
Food cravings?: Lemonade and fruit
Labor signs?: A handful of contractions everyday.
Belly button in or out?: Out.
What I miss: Margaritas and sleep
What I'm looking forward to: Getting to meet her!
Milestone: Making it to 9 months!



Today was my appointment and my first internal. I must say that it wasn't a near as bad as what I was thinking. Actually it wasn't bad at all. So here's the scoop. I'm a fingertip dilated and 50% effaced. So I have some progress. Not much but some. I also gained 2 lbs and her heartbeat was 124. Someone was snoozing. Hopefully this girl takes after her mama. I couldn't stop thinking about it her all.freaking.day. At the most, baby jay should be here within 5 weeks. We had a super busy weekend getting the house ready. Baby gear is starting to take over the living room and the nursery is complete. We even hung up her name letters and so therefore the nursery if off limits until she comes, which I hope is soon. I'm ubber uncomfortable. Seriously uncomfortable. Oh, and I waddle which makes for a nice picture. My back aches constantly and I'm now up 2-3 times a night to pee. While it's nice to hear that people don't think I look like I'm going to have a baby in a few weeks, I still feel like a whale sometimes. Shoe tying is becoming HARD, as is putting on pants and getting off our couch. Oh, pregnancy life. How I can't wait to have my body back. Pregnancy has had its ups and downs and for the most part I've really enjoyed it. But now, not so much.

Over the last few days, my adorable, loving,caring, speaks before he thinks husband of mine has said some just wonderful things lately that I want to share. We all know how much he loves me, right!

The other day I mentioned that I don't feel like I look that big. Hubby's response..."compared to what"?

Then one night I was going to go upstairs to bed when he proceeds to tell me he doesn't want me there, that I should sleep on the couch so he can have the bed to himself. Sweet, huh?

Oh, how I love him!
blog comments powered by Disqus