July 7, 2009

35/35

Holy Moly we are down to less than 35 days since I'm posting a day late! I had my appt Monday and everything is looking good. Her heartbeat was 130 and I gained.... drum roll.... a whooping zero pounds! Now as much as I'm not enjoying gaining this weight, I was in no way trying not to gain anything. Musta just lucked out this time. And I gained PLENTY at my last visit! I got my Group B strep test done and I'm now on to weekly visits! Time has flown by!!

Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew). Because it's so snug in your womb, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete — he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.

I'm not really thinking that Baby Jay weighs 5 lbs quite yet, but you never know. I am measuring about 2 weeks behind so I'm thinking she's more in the high 4 lb range. I am SO ready to meet her though!!! Its hard to believe that only 2 more weeks until full term and she can come anytime after that! Preferably not AFTER her due date though! :)
She's still moving a ton and still loves to hang out on my right now. I'm getting a much more Braxton Hicks contractions everyday. I also had my first run in with her playing with my ribs. I'm thinking one of her feet were on them and she flicked em' off. I'd have to say it wasn't the most comfortable thing I've felt so far!!! Other than that, things are still going well. I'm starting to get to the point where, while I'll miss feeling her inside me, I'm very ready to have my body back!

1 comment:

My Fans