January 8, 2009

Sad news in the Rodger household...

Unfortunately, Sean and I received some sad news last night. Sean's grandpa Ray suddenly passed away last evening. He just celebrated his 79th birthday a few days ago. Although we are all sad about his passing, we know he's in a better place. He was ready to go and had been saying he was ready for a little while, so it looks like he got his birthday wish. As much as we'd love to still have him here, we all know it's for the better. Sean's handling it pretty well, as is the rest of the family for the most part.
We went and said our goodbye's today. He looked peaceful laying there. Luckily, Sean and I got to spend some time with him about 2 weeks ago at the nursing home. We got to share our good news with him and enjoyed the time we spent together.

We'll miss you Ray,
Love,
Sean and Andrea

2 comments:

  1. Hope you guys are doing okay. Tell Sean I am sorry! Like you said, there's got to be somewhere better than here on this Earth! Keep your chin up. It's almost the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's good that you got to see him. I saw him about 2 weeks ago too. He was super tired that day but I stayed and kept him awake anyways. The nurse said he didn't sleep well but that was like the day after mom told him he would get to move like he wanted. He was probably so excited he couldn't sleep. He's definately going to be better off. We'll all see him again. I had a dream last night that he's already met up with Grandma Faye so I know everything is fine now.

    ReplyDelete

My Fans