January 7, 2009

1st Doc appt

So Sean and I had our first appointment today for "Baby Jay". It was over pretty quickly and just with the nurse. We went over family medical history and the do's and don'ts. I then had to have my blood drawn.

I'll be the first to admit I'm a chicken/baby/etc. So when it comes to drawing blood it's no different. You'd think being a nurse it's something I could handle.
With that said...

I'm going to make a *horrible* patient! :)

We tried to hear a heartbeat but were unsuccessful. It's still pretty early to hear a heartbeat on a Doppler. They are dating me at 9 weeks 2 days today. But I know from the sonogram I'm actually 8 weeks 1 day. They also gave me a due date of Aug 10th. I told them that I ovulated late and know what day it was and she didn't think that he would change the due date since it was only a week different. I'm still sticking with August 18th, however.

Oh, and I go back in a week to check for the heartbeat again. If she can't find it then they are going to order a sonogram. And then Jan 20th I meet with the doctor!!!

So here's my 8 weeks stats. They describe the size of the baby in fruit. This week "Baby Jay" is a raspberry!


Your baby is growing like mad, putting on about a millimeter every day and continuing to straighten out in the trunk. Though you can't feel it yet, baby is moving those little arms, legs and (now only slightly) webbed fingers and toes like crazy.

I'd love it if anyone reading this would keep us in your prayers and pray for a healthy baby and pray we hear a heartbeat next Tuesday! I'm not really nervous since we did hear the heart beat during the sonogram less than a week ago, but it's still a little nerve wracking!!

Thanks!

-Andrea

Oh, also pray for me to get to feeling better. I've come down with some sort of bug. :( I know it's not baby related due to a fever and all the fun things that come with the stomach flu :(

1 comment:

My Fans