January 17, 2009

A bittersweet day

Sean and I had a full day on our hands with a ton of different emotions. We had his gpa's funeral this morning. It was a really nice service and fitted Ray perfectly. Short and sweet, straight to the point. It's still sad he's gone but good to know he's in a better place. I also got to meet Sean's other Uncle Ron and his cousin Alisha and her family. I've been talking to Alisha on facebook for a while now, so I already felt like I knew her! After the service we had a little luncheon with some good food then headed to Sean's Aunt Rochelle's house. We visited for a while then headed to town for this...
Everything looks great and we are right on track. Baby Jay's heartbeat was 160 and nice and strong! He/She was moving it's little arms and legs and we could see it moving around. It was soo incredible!!! It definitely made all this nausea and blah-ness in the past few weeks very much worth it! I can't believe how much it has grown in just over 2 weeks. It measured 2.7 cm, so just over an inch! We could see a little bit of it's spine, some of the umbilical cord, it's huge forehead, it's eyes and mouth. Plus little arms and legs! I'm already completely in love with this baby! Again, I'm completely blessed!!! Oh, and she told me I have a posterior placenta which means I should feel the baby earlier!!! I can't wait!

Kayla, you are completely awesome!!!! We appreciate this more than you know!!!

Oh, after we looked at the baby she showed me other parts in my body. For as fat as I feel right now (thanks bloat) my uterus is only about an inch away from my skin. So that means (in my head) that I'm still fairly skinny :)! I still feel huge right now. I don't fit in maternity clothes yet but my normal clothes don't fit right so it was a struggle this morning. Poor Sean... :) Good thing I get to wear scrubs to work during the week! She also showed me my kidneys, bladder, gall bladder, and told me I had a "beautiful" pancreas! Thanks again Kayla!

Here's a few more pictures...


This picture you kind of have to use your imagination. Baby Jay is looking right at you. You can see it's eyes, the nose bone, and a mouth line! I think it's my favorite picture so far! You can also see their little arm!


This one you can see the arms and legs really well!
Isn't he or she ADORABLE! We are so excited!! :) (If you can't already tell!) We have our next appt with the doctor this Tuesday but I'm not sure if we are goign to be able to make it. We found out Sean's gpa's burial is that day and of course we want to be able to make it. So I'm going to have to reschedule, but hopefully just for later in the day.

2 comments:

  1. Cute pictures! Bet you have a perma-grin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the weekly pictures. Looks like you are approaching a raisin. Congrats! I love Raisins! Sonograms are so cool, it will be fun to see Alisha's 4D one. The weekend was good. I'm so tired though, good thing today is a bank holiday. I really don't want to go back to work. I need to write down my memories too and get that to mom. Well, I'm sure you guys will get to see Uncle Ron again tonight since he'll be at Uncle Gary's. Tell him hi! Good luck tomorrow with everything. I won't be there for it but I'm ok with that. Well, I'm off to watch more of Season 3 Grey's Anatomy. That's what I'm doing all day.

    ReplyDelete

My Fans