January 10, 2012

Appointments and tears.

Today we had Cohen's 4 month appointment. He'll actually be 5 months next week, so we are a few weeks behind. But Cohen weighed in at a whooping 12 lbs 14 oz and is 24 inches long. He's such a tiny little thing! He is in the 5th percentile for his weight and 10th percentile for his height. His head is in the 50th percentile. Overall, he is doing really well. His 1 testicle finally dropped so he is good to go in that area. His skin is semi better too. We did try a little rice cereal last week, but he isn't ready for it so we'll try again later this week and see.

I also had a doctor's appointment as I've been sick for almost 12 days and just couldn't get over it. So I have sinus infection and a mild ear infection in my right ear. Hopefully I'll be 100% soon.

And lastly, today was also a sad day for our family. We had to put Miss Reese to sleep. Luckily, Lyla isn't really old enough to understand what happened and that Reese won't be coming back. So so far, it hasn't been bad for her. We'll see in the morning if she asks about her. My heart is pretty broken as that was/is my first baby! We will get another dog, but it'll probably won't be until spring. I've always had a dog growing up and I want my children to have that as well. It already feels weird not having her here. There's been a few times I've caught myself thinking I needed to do something for her (letting her in, getting her water, etc.) She will be missed.
blog comments powered by Disqus