March 4, 2010

The verdict is in...

I will not be mom of the year.

I had my very first panicked mom moment today. When I was headed out to the car today after picking up Lyla I grabbed my keys out of my pocket to unlock the back door. Well some how the lock button got pressed (do you see where this is going???) and I laid my keys on the seat thinking to myself not to close the door because I would be locked out. Well I'm talking to Lyla and getting her in her and seat and....

Yes. I shut the door.

I locked my baby girl in the car!!!!

Talk about freaking out. Well, on the inside I was freaking, but I did a good job of staying calm. I went into the daycare and told her that I locked Lyla in the car and I'm not sure she believed me at first! I quickly called 911 who called Victoria's police and they came over. At first they couldn't get it open and had to leave to go get a different kit. Meanwhile, Lyla just hung out and smiled through the whole thing. She is such a good girl!!! Every time I looked at her through the glass she just gave me a big toothy grin!! Once the cop got back he tried with another kit and managed to get it open. And while he was doing that another cop showed up. Oh, and 2 daycare parents showed up too. I was completely embarrassed. But hey, I know I'm not the first mom this has ever happened to.

So, it's official. No super mom award for me! Good thing Lyla loves me no matter what!

1 comment:

My Fans