March 17, 2010

Happy 7 Months & St. Pat's Day!

I think I start out every one of Lyla's monthly posts the same way. And again...Omigoodness, I can't believe Lyla is 7 months!!! :)

Time is flying and I think as we start gliding into spring and summer, time is going to fly ever so fast!! I'll be honest. I've actually been kinda sad about today. I'm not ready for Lyla to get big. I'm not ready for her to be 1. And now that we are closer to 1, than birth, it makes me sad. It's exciting for her, but ever so sad for this momma!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- You weigh around 15 lbs and while that isn't a lot for a 7 month old, you look super chunky. I'm sorry you got short genes!

- You sleep soooo good at night! You've made mommy oh.so.happy. You go to bed around 7-8 and wake up normally around 6 or 6:30.

- You are still in size 3 diapers for daycare and you wear cloth diapers whenever we are home. We've also moved the snaps up on your cloth diapers so they are a little bigger now.

- You are still wearing 3-6 month clothes and I don't foresee you going up a size anytime soon. I'd say maybe by 9 months you'll be starting to out grow your 3-6 month clothes! I guess we'll see!

- You wear size 1 shoes. You've got itty bitty feet!

- Most people say you look like daddy and I'm ok with that since daddy is pretty cute! (Those my fingers are crossed you'll start to look like me as you get older!)

- You love food! So far you've had gr. beans, avocado, sweet potato, butternut and acorn squash, broccoli, peas, carrots, pears, peaches, mango, bananas, prunes, chicken, and applesauce.

- You've started sleeping on your tummy for the past 2 weeks. You are starting to become a mover whenever you are in your crib while sleeping. But when you're awake, you are very content just sitting and playing.

- This past week or so you've started rolling a little more. You can now do a full roll (tummy to back and then back to tummy) though you don't do it often. This is all OK by mommy because I'm not ready for you to become a mover quite yet! Stay little sweet girl!

- You've started a new little laugh and you like to copy us whenever we laugh at you.

- You haven't really started scooting yet, but you are good at moving yourself in a circle. You love to just watch the action.

- You are the best baby whenever we are out and about. You love to people watch too! And you don't mind any attention you may get from stranger either. You're definitely a ham!!

- We've started letting you play with a sippy cup at supper time! You've figured out how to hold it but not quite sure how the water comes out! :)

- We've moved you up to a convertible car seat!! No more luging you around in your infant seat.

Lyla bug,

I can't believe you are 7 whole months already! It's very hard to believe that time has flown so fast! Having you was one of the best things to happen to mommy and daddy! You bring more joy and happiness to us then we ever imagined!

We love you!!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

So could I take a minute to brag about myself? Thanks! :)

I officially am a jean size smaller! Yippee! I fit into some jeans from about 2 years ago. I was able to wear them right before our wedding and then a few months after that. And then I proceeded to put on a few "happily in love" pounds and haven't worn them since. Well, then came Lyla and so now, I'm officially in them again! Yay!!!

Ok, I'll get off my high horse now!!!

Happy St. Pat's Day!

P.S. I didn't wear any green!! Did you?

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the jeans!

    How do you get her to keep headbands on? I fought Tylee forever and finally gave up! Guess I should've started at birth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andrea,
    I ran across this and just had to comment on how ADORABLE Lyla is! Just Precious!! Hope all is well :) Take Care!
    Callie (Wilson) Line

    ReplyDelete

My Fans