May 7, 2010

Show us your life - Kelly's Korner

I've never posted in a blog hop, so today's a great time to start since I love baby names. I actually have an infatuation with naming everything. Lyla's toys all have names (Hadley the sock monkey, Ellie the elephant, Katy the Caterpillar, etc) and I take it very seriously when it comes to naming pets (middle names included). Weird, I know! I swear we went through a lot of names since Sean and I have been together.

Once we found out we were pregnant, we immediately started thinking of names...ok. So maybe I was way more into it then Sean. I had many names turned down. Here were a few of my favs for girls.

-Hadley (probably my all time favorite)
-Carson
-Gracyn
-Ella
-Julia

Lyla was actually named after Lyla from Friday Night Lights (any fans? The new season starts tonight! Yay!). Lyla is a super cute cheerleader off the show. Now, that isn't why we named her that, even though it be great if she was a super cute (oh, she already is!) cheerleader in the future. Sean immediately loved the name and I shortly followed.

Her middle name was changed a time or two. At first she was going to be Lyla Quinn. We both really liked that name but towards the end (um, maybe when I was 36 weeks along) I just wasn't digging it. So we chatted about a few more names and Ainsley (pronounced An-sley) it became! We love the name and it totally fits her!

Sean became infatuated with a boy name early in the pregnancy. He thought of the name Kolston and it has been his #1 boy name since the beginning. I highly dislike it. I wasn't allowed to tell anyone the name because he swears we are using it if we have a boy next. Not so much his luck, if you ask me! :) He loves that it is unique. He actually looked it up on facebook and there was only 1 other person on there with that name and he lived in Hawaii. So he was sold right then and there. A few of my favorite boys name are Cohen, Colson, Graeson, Tate and Greyden. Will we use any of those in the future? Who knows... maybe if I get my way ;) But knowing myself, I'm sure my *favorites* will change a million times before we have another one!

Thanks for stopping by! If you want to join in or are looking for more baby names, head over here!
blog comments powered by Disqus