May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!


Oh what a day. I was so excited to celebrate my first Mother's Day and it indeed was a great day. I woke up this morning to a gift from Sean and a gift from Lyla. Sean got me a gift card to go make a charm bracelet at a local store. The gift from Lyla was extra special. Sean had a little picture book made of pictures of Lyla and I since she was born. Not going to lie... there were definitely tears shed.

Being a mom is the absolute best job I have. I never tire of it. I love getting to see her grow and reaching each new developmental milestone. She brings more happiness to myself and to our family, more than what Sean and I ever anticipated. We knew we'd love the heck out of her, but never did we think it would be this much. Her laugh makes me smile, my heart happy and also brings a tear to my eye. I always knew I wanted to be a mom and I feel especially blessed that I can finally call myself just that. I look forward to many more Mother Day's with my family.

And of course I can't forget to wish my mom and mother-in-law a Happy Mother's Day as well. Thank you mom for everything you have done for me over the years. And thank you Brenda for shaping Sean into the man and Dad that he is now! Happy Mother's Day to you both!



What a silly girl. Oh, how I heart this girl!!

Happy Mother's Day to all moms and moms-to-be out there!!!

blog comments powered by Disqus