February 6, 2010

She melted my heart...

And this time, I'm not even talking about Lyla!

So, we got the honor of spending some time with our adorable 5-year-old niece Abigail yesterday. She's the cutest thing and I've come to realize she's slowly becoming a teenager. Since having Lyla we haven't spent as much time together as we have before and I must say, I've missed her! She was such a great little girl yesterday and enlightened me on many things in her life. I remember thinking at least twice, "When did she become such a mature little girl"? We were making homemade pizza's and she says, "Aunt Andrea, I love you. We really need to schedule some more Aunt Andrea and Abigail time". Seriously, she about melted my heart, right then and there. And guess how she wants to spend her time with me? Baking cookies and making bows. Oh, I love her. Anyways, she spent the evening with Sean, Lyla and I and we all went to the basketball game in town. It was homecoming and a friend of ours and Abi's was the little girl that hands out the flowers and crown (so can't think of a title for her right now,) and plus our next door neighbor was up for homecoming queen (and she won!). So we got to spend some time together and we all had a great time. I seriously love her to pieces. It was great having a conversation with her and watching her interact with Lyla bug. To sum it up, we have totally awesome nieces, and love em' to pieces!!

Unfortunately I have no pictures to post of our time with Abi because we were a little rushed for time between Lyla's nap, dinner and getting girlified! But since it is Saturday and KU plays, Sean dressed out little bug to a T in her KU attire. Sean put his hat on her and all I can say is she soooo looks like a boy! :) That girl needs a little more hair.



Other than that is has been a lazy, lazy day around here. We've all napped. Even Lyla took a 3 hour nap for her daddy which never happens at home! I think Sean and I are going to watch a movie and that's about it! The exciting life of the Rodger's! :)

Rock Chalk and have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. She does look like a little boy in that pictures but nevertheless she is still cute!

    ReplyDelete

My Fans