January 28, 2010

Resolutions

I never did a post on my New Year's resolution's. So better late then never right? So today is the day!

I kept mine simple.

1. Be healthier: Easier said then done considering my new desire for sweets all the time. Considering how many sweets and unhealthy foods I ate when I was pregnant and then proceeding to throw majority of them up (you needed to know that, didn't you?), I'm still shocked I'm eating half that stuff. That was until the New Year. I've done *SO* much better since the New Year. Sean and I both decided that we needed to lose weight and live a healthier lifestyle. Sean gained some weight since we had Lyla and well, even though I've lost all my pregnancy weight, I still have some, ahem, a lot, to lose. So since January 1st we have both done an excellent job of working out. There is, however, some room for improvement in the eating department. Did I eat 3 donuts in one sitting this week. Why, yes I certainly did. Should I have? Probably not so much. Will I try better next time? Again, probably not. I have *NO* will power whatsoever. Example: We are having a potluck tomorrow. Will I overeat? Yup, sure will. Delicious food sitting in front of me must be ate. Didn't our parents teach us to make happy plates? I'm just making my parents proud! :)

So, to sum this up, Sean and I are making some much needed and much liked lifestyle changes. I'm starting to enjoy working out and even more importantly, I'm enjoying seeing the numbers on the scale going down. Goodbye to the blob! Hello healthier and happier me!

2. Be less judgemental: I won't go into details, but basically I can be super judgemental at times and it's something I really need to work on.

3. Continue to work hard at my marriage and as a mom. I think that pretty self-explanatory. I'll never be a super wife or a super mom, but I'm going to try my dangest to be the best one that I can be for my husband and my adorably cute daughter. Will I suck at it at times? You betcha. Good thing my hubby and daughter love me unconditionally.

Those, my friends, are my New Year's resolutions. One month down and doing pretty good so far. If you made New Years resolutions, have you kept up with them so far??

1 comment:

My Fans