January 13, 2010

Welcome back to me. I've been out of commission, pretty much on my death bed since Saturday night. I got to be one of the non-lucky one's catching the flu right now. And I must say, it sucked. I haven't felt that bad in such a long time. I actually remember the last time I felt like that. It was March 2005 and I had the flu for 5 days. It was actually over Easter because I was actually feeling semi-better Easter day and my parents came down to Hays to see me. Yes, they love me. My momma even brought all the Easter food too!

Anyways, back to my death bed. Saturday evening a friend came over with her adorable little boy so the little lovebugs had a little play date. I had been feeling just fine all day but shortly after her leaving I started feeling yucky so I went to bed with a low temp. Well from there it was all down hill. My fever ranged 101-102 until last night at 10. I'm feeling better today, just really weak and I'm now getting a nagging cough. Here's to hoping Prince Charming and Lyla don't get it.

Here's a picture of Lyla and Dalton playing. Lyla tried giving him kisses, held his hand, and tried taking off his shirt. Her and her daddy are going to need to have some serious talks soon! :) ( And I know I said I would start taking pictures with her bows on but I keep forgetting! I know, my bad!)



Dalton is a ham! I don't think Sean has ever held 2 babies at one time! But there is 3 lbs between them (and only 8 days in age. Dalton is older) so I wanted Sean to hold them both and feel the difference!
Lyla has been sleeping so much better at night. Saturday night we decided to finally just let her sleep in her crib and let her cry out her little fits she has in the middle of the night. I know she's not hungry, because if I try to nurse her, she falls fast asleep in a second, and we've decided no more sleeping with us. She's been waking up way to often. We laid her down at 10 with no problems but at 11:30 she started fussing and cried a good while. But she eventually soothed herself back to sleep. She then slept til 4, I nursed her, and back to the crib. She then woke up around 5ish and we let her cry it out again and she soothed herself back to sleep in about 10 minutes. She then slept til 7:30 when we woke up to her talking to herself in the crib. I knew she was happy so I let her lay in there for a bit and then she actually feel back asleep til 9! Sunday night was even better and Monday night was better, and every night has been good since. She still wakes up at 4 which I'm OK with for now. She wakes up normally once before 4 and we let her cry it out but it only takes a minute or 2 for her to soothe herself back to sleep. This has been so great for Sean and and I'd recommend letting them learn to soothe them self to anyone having sleeping problems with their baby. Actually it's been great for the both of us, because she is taking better naps as well! I know this is a controversial subject but I'm VERY happy with our decision.

And as you can see, Miss Lyla is getting so big!! She'll be 5 months soon and this time I'm actually going to get around to doing a post!


And lets see, oh yes, GROTB. I have lost 5 lbs so far! Ok, so maybe some of that is related to being sick and no eating anything but soup, but still 3 of those lbs I lost without being sick! Since Jan 3rd, Sean and I have been eating much better and working out again! Prior to getting sick, I was feeling great with eating healthier foods, not snacking on swiss cakes rolls (ok, maybe I had 1...or 2... OK, 3.) and working out. I got an elliptical and I'm so happy to have one again. I'm not a runner but I can use the elliptical forever as long as I have some good music or a reality TV show on! I'm hoping to lose 2 lbs per week. I'm not picking a weight goal really, I just want to feel good in my cloths and be happy with what I'm at. More or less, I wanna get toned up. If I'm going to have to wear an old lady swimsuit instead of a bikini at the lake, I might as well look good in it, right?!?!

1 comment:

  1. LOL, I so thought you wrote that post about Sean. He's sneaky! :) Glad you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete

My Fans