January 6, 2010

Do you ever feel like you are pulled in one to many ways? I'm sure you have. I think everyone has at some point. The last few weeks have felt like that for Sean and I. And I would even say it's a bad sort of feeling. Just a feeling of not being able to catch up. I'm ready for calmness, a weekend of not going anywhere, and energy. Oh, and I'm really ready for sleep too. I'm surprised at my own body for being able to function for 4 1/2 months on such little sleep. I'm amazed I can tell you what day it is and even more amazed that my socks matched today (though, even with sleep, they normally don't).

I still need to do Lyla's 4 month post but not sure that's going to happen. I hardly have energy to dress her up and snap away. I lack so much energy in the evenings. Right now I see a pile of stuff that I need to take to Becca, a laundry basket full of clothes that needs to go upstairs and put away (suuuuurrrreeee), a dish of hummus sitting next to me begging to be eaten (it is soo good), a glow worm on my right and lots of "stuff" just in places that they aren't supposed to be. Prince Charming has been just that recently and has been a rock star at doing the laundry. Bless his heart, because he got a mini wrath of Andrea whenever he got home today. Nothing big, just a mini. I need energy. Anyone know were I can find some?

I've started eating better and working out again so I'm hoping that helps soon. I'm also thinking this stupid cold winter weather isn't helping the mood any either. I'm not a fan of the word hate. Hardly will you ever hear me say I hate something. Because I really don't hate anything, but I do dislike lots of things. The hate list includes frogs, fish, snakes, lizards, (pretty much all amphibians to be honest with you) and winter. I hate it. Flat out hate it. I'm a sunshine girl. Bring me sunshine, puh puh puh please!!!

Let's see what else. Oh, I need some advice. Little miss thing will be starting baby food soon. Like probably next week. We started cereal on the 22nd of December and have recently started oatmeal. Boy oh boy, she loves food. After talking with my pediatrician we decided to go forward with it, even though I wasn't planning on starting it until closer to 6 months. Anyways, we are going to start with baby food soon and I am going to make my own. This is something I've wanted to do for a while. It's easy, healthy, and cheap. I know exactly what is in it and that's a good feeling to me. So tell me, where do I start? Some say green beans then carrots while others say wait on the carrots. It's all confusing so advice would be great. Where to start, when to incorporate what, how many times (though my peds said only feed once a day until about 5 1/2 months), storage ideas, recipes.... get my drift.

Also, I need car seat recs. I am planning on doing extended rear-facing until about a year and 1/2 if not a little longer. The 3-n-1's sound good to me but I've heard they aren't the safest. So what's safe and practical. Oh, and cute! :)

Well Miss thing just woke up. She makes the same face as Sean whenever she wakes up! So cute!!

1 comment:

  1. Every major health organization is going to tell you the same thing- no solids before 6 months. Just because she likes it, doesn't mean she's developmentally ready to handle solid foods.

    As for carseats, Britax are the best. Cute has nothing to do with safety.

    ReplyDelete

My Fans