December 23, 2009

Catching up

I miss blogging. Yhe only time I have to blog is after Lyla goes to bed. And by that time I'm normally headed there myself. I'm tired but that's not a shocker, is it?

It's been a crazy week and it's only Wednesday, but at least it's my Friday. Here is my crazy week.

First off I have a tumor growing out of my knee. Oh, so it might not be a tumor but it sure looks like one. I'm told it's Erythematous Dor-something. Not quite sure on the word, but something about a deep tissue infection. Anyways, 2 days of antibiotics and it is somewhat better. Much less red, but still tumor-ish looking. That was Monday.

Tuesday Miss Lyla had her 4 month check. She weighed 13 lbs 3 oz and was 23 1/2 inches ( I think ). She was 25th percentile for height, 50th for weight, and over 90th for her noggin. Yes, I have an adorably cute baby that is short, chubby, and had a big head. Oh, I love her. We didn't get any shots because our insurance doesn't cover vaccinations until she meets her deductible. After receiving a $450 dollar bill JUST for vaccinations, I realized that wouldn't do. So we have to go to the health department sometime and get that done. She is doing great developmentally and we actually started her on cereal. My game plan prior to having her was to start her on cereal when she was about 6 months because at 4 months they don't need it nutritionally. But due to her HORRIBLE sleep habits and the fact we still nurse very frequently, her peds and I decided it was time to try it. And she loves it! No stink faces, no spitting it out. She'll actually whimper if you don't put it in her mouth fast enough. I plan on doing her 4 month post this weekend since we finally have a weekend home with not a thing to do. Except I can think of a few things I could do, but probably won't! :)

3 years ago today Mr. Prince Charming proposed to me. It's hard to believe it was 3 years ago. Time has gone by fast and so many things have changed. But that night was a new chapter for Sean and I!

So tomorrow is good ol' Christmas Eve. I'm so excited to open presents! I'll admit it, I'm a gift girl. I love giving just as much as I love receiving. I can't wait for Lyla to open her, even though she has no idea what is going on! We are then heading to Sean's parents for Christmas with his family, then church, and then off to my parents for church and then Christmas morning we'll do my side of the family's Christmas. This will all happen as long as this so called blizzard doesn't come through. But they've changed the forecast already and now we only have a 20% chance for the blizzard. Good thing, because Christmas wouldn't be the same if we weren't with our families. And if a blizzard did come through, there is a good chance Sean would get called into work. I'm praying that doesn't happen!

Oh, and prayers are needed for my lovely mother. This morning as she was headed out to start her car she decided she needed to break her wrist but slipping on the steps. Oh, mother! She needs to have surgery, which is planned for next Tuesday!

Well that is it. I'll post more later because I'm off to bed. I'm just like a little kid and can't wait to get up in the morning. Sean says we can get up after Lyla gets up for the 2nd time after 7 o'clock. Silly boy! :)
blog comments powered by Disqus