March 31, 2012

A year ago...

I was blessed with my first nephew, sweet Maxton Foster exactly 1 year ago. You were a pretty special little man and I was over the moon about you. I will never forget your birthday.

At 7:00 am, I was fast asleep when my phone rang and your daddy was calling me to let me know you were making your debut today. I called your uncle to let him know that Lyla and I were offf to meet you. I got ready as fast as I could and by 8 I was out the door, heading to you. We got there around 11 and ate at Wendy's when your daddy called and wanted some too. We headed across the street to the hospital and me your daddy in the waiting room. Your mommy was trying to take a nap and so we didn't get to see her for a little while. I tried guessing your name since your mommy and daddy were keeping it a secret until you were born. Your daddy gave me a few clues, but I never guessed your name!

Lyla and I then got to go in and see your momma! Everyone was full of excitement as we tried patiently waiting for you! Your granna and pops arrived a little later and we continued to wait for you. Lyla and I headed to the mall to let her play in the play area while we waited. Shortly later I got the text that it was time! Your momma was going to start pushing. I hurried back to the hospital and was only there a few minutes when your daddy came out, tears in his eyes, letting us know that they were blessed with a new little boy. A nephew for me. I had secretly hoped you were a little boy. I have all nieces and I wanted a little boy to spoil! Come to find out, you came out purple and it took a little bit to stimulate you, but you were just fine. Mommy and daddy spent some time bonding with you, while Granna, Pops, Lyla and I went to get a bite to eat. Your mommy texted us to let us know we could come and meet you! I'll be quite honest as I was super excited getting to meet you. I couldn't wait to get my hands on you!

You were a perfect, little boy. 10 fingers, 10 tiny toes, all 7 lbs and 18 1/2 inches of you. You looked liked your daddy to me and had his same little chin. You didn't have much hair nor did you have any eye brows or eye lashes. But you were cute. Actually you were stinkn' cute!

Everyone else was leaving and Lyla and I stayed around a little longer to spend time with you ad your mommy and daddy. They got situated in their room and were absolutely smitten with you. You are such a loved little boy.

I'm pretty sure your 1st birthday in heaven is going to be spectacular!
We love and miss you, Mr. Max!

Happy 1st Birthday!!!!
blog comments powered by Disqus