November 25, 2009

O.M.G.

You may need to sit down for this one...

...drum roll please...

Lyla slept almost 6 hours last night! Yes. I know. Unbelievable! I laid her down at 9:30ish and she slept for about 45 minutes and then started fussing. About 15 minutes later she was out, but not completely asleep. And she fell asleep in her pack n' play. I woke up at 3:30 wondering if she was ok and it wasn't shortly after that I heard her moving around. Now, after the 3:30 feeding she was back up at 5:30 but that's ok. I can handle that! I just can't believe it! I'm sure this is just a fluke and tonight we'll be up about 5 times but I'm gonna be positive and hope this is a step in the wonderful direction of sleep!

I should mention that we used to have her sleep in an old cradle that I slept in as a baby. Well I think we've reached a point where she is just to big (she is an oinker, you know. She ate 9 oz at 1 feeding yesterday. Holy cow!) and therefore whenever she moves she's hitting her hands on something and wakes up. So we put the pack n' play up in our room and we'll see. So far so good! I'd love to be able to move her to her room but that is downstairs and she's not a good enough sleeper yet. Our next step is going to be to get her to sleep in her pack n' play all night and not sleeping in bed with me after she wakes the first time. This is totally a me thing, not a her thing. And it's kinda sorta a me thing I like!

Anyways, I'm super excited!! :) Please, please please let this happen again!

Our new sleeping arrangements. Out with the old, in with the new!

And in other exciting news, Miss Lyla finally got to meet her Uncle Jonathan. Jonathan is pretty much my 2nd husband and my 1st husband's boyfriend. Get it? Yup, best friends. They totally have a bromance going on. But Jonathan is such a great friend to the both of us and it was great getting to see him and for Lyla to finally meet him!! Jonathan lives in SC and is back to go to the KU-Mizzou game with Sean and some other friends.
(I told you they had a bromance!!)


And because she hasn't made her presence on the blog since Lyla was born, here is Miss Reese. Her and Lyla get along great! Reesie *loves* to kiss her and lay with her on the floor. Lyla still has no clue who she is or what she is, but they are so going to be best friends!!

And just because she's cute!

Have a great Wednesday!! :)
blog comments powered by Disqus