September 18, 2008

Gross!

If you know me well, you know I didn't eat red meat for many, many years. Sean and I had just met (the first time) and I was getting ready to meet his sister and BIL. Well they all BBQ'd burgers and I had yet to tell Sean that I didn't eat dead cow. So I disgustingly ate this hamburger b/c I didn't want to make a big deal out of this. After all, Sean and I had just met and I was wanting to impress this boy. After that day I finally told him and of course he made fun of me ( he's good at that :) ) but was ok with it. He then told his meat-eating family and they went above and beyond to make sure there would be something I'd like whenever we all got together. Forward 6 months and we went to the state fair and I had a burger there and decided that I would try to start to eat more meat. Ever since then I've been a hamburger eating gal and no longer have to squirm whenever someone cooks burgers and no chicken. Well then forward to about 2 months ago and I decided I would try to eat steak again. It's been probably 13+ years since I've had a steak. So Sean made these steaks for us and now I love them! I even ordered my first steak EVER at a restuarant the weekend we went to KC for my parents anniversary. My only thing is I have to have something to dip the steak in, i.e. BBQ sauce, steak sauce, even ranch! Well the whole reason of telling this story is that tonight Sean and I are going out to his parents house to play with dead animal meat. His parents bought a pig for them, us and Sean's sister's fam. I find the thought of this utterly disqusting and have sweet in-laws that are letting me get away without doing it. My job is to babysit the girls while everyone else digs there hands into raw dead animal - blah! I can't quite handle that yet. Baby steps I'm telling ya, baby steps.
blog comments powered by Disqus