June 28, 2010

My little Bro

Whew...I've been busy and have lots of blogging to catch up on. The weekend of June 6th we headed off to one of the best cities in Kansas - Lawrence - to watch my little brother compete in a half Ironman triathlon. He swam 1.something miles (I think), biked 56 miles, and ran 13.1 miles. I think he is pretty much nuts of all that, but at the same time, super proud of him! You did great Kevin and you kinda make me want to get off the couch and go run...almost! :) But he placed 347 (again, I think??) out of roughly 2000 people. Good job kiddo!!! We are all super proud of ya!
Waiting for Kevin to transition from swim to bike.

She was excited!! ;)


Racing by...
Granna and Lyla waiting for him to run by the campsite!


Finishing the bike ride! The first time he actually saw us!


Heading towards the transition from bike to run.


Off to run 13.1 miles...no biggie.

Still running...


and still running. I would have officially been dead by this point.


Someone needed a snooze. 5 am was really early!


My fabulous SIL and Miss Lyla!


Run, Kevin, Run


Pretty girl is a people watcher so she loved watching all the people run by... including people in 70's...yes they were old and running 13.1 miles. Is it bad I can't even run 1? Hmmm.


Cheering from atop! :)

Almost there!!! 13 miles later...


Good job!


5 hours and 11 minutes later...


Absolutely love this picture. Kev - this is facebook profile worthy! She loves you!!!


They make such a cute little team! :)


Getting up at 5 am also made for a tired (ahem...grouchy) hubby.

Mother and Son!

His favorite sister! ;)

blog comments powered by Disqus