May 18, 2008

Call me Martha Stewart's Sister

So I've found myself a new hobby - SEWING! And wow, I'm already in love! I've been thinking about getting a sewing machine and learning to sew. Well, I already know the basics but I wanted to start doing more. So last night Sean and I went to good ole Walmart and I purchased myself a sewing machine. By no means is it a great sewing machine - just has the basics to get me started. I bought some adorable pink and white polka-doted fleece and then some pink camo fleece and started with some peanut-shaped burp rags for my niece Avery! Well, I made my first two 3 days ago and they didn't turn out to bad. I found the pattern on the internet and it was SO easy to do. The first was a little rough, but turned out ok. But the second was definitely better! And as of today I've made 10 - I'm addicted! I also started making some bibs and of course they are just adorable as well! All this baby stuff is making me think... I need a baby! :) Sean would just love to hear that! So now I'm on the hunt for beginner sewing projects. I'm thinking a new tote might be next in line! I'm so excited!!! :) I only wish we had a better fabric store then Walmart around here.... I'd kill for a Hobby Lobby in Hays. Anyways between my photography, sewing, scrapbooking and life, I'll be busy for a while!

I'm already ready for the week to be over. We had 2 days of torture with about 100+ patients in two days- no joke! I about wanted to shoot myself. So I'm glad that's over. But I'm ready for this 3 day wk.end! The next two days will probably drag! No big plans for Memorial Day wk.end. I think we are planning on going to Great Bend on Sunday to see some family I haven't seen in 8 years so I'm VERY excited!!!! Sean will be "playing" in the yard most of the wk.end replanting the grass - fun I know! Ok - off to sew some more! Good night!

Andrea

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, too many pts! Yikes. Didn't get to see you after Alma. Looked like the office was pretty slow. I love my burp rags. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

My Fans